Earthquake last night (27 Feb)

Chat to other members about anything.

Moderator: deelieta

Earthquake last night (27 Feb)

Postby Joker » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:25 am

Who felt the earthquake just before 1 O'clock this morning ?

I was in Preesall about half was between Blackpool and Lancaster when things started to shake lasted about 20 seconds.

according to [url]http://www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/ [/url]

The epicentre was just outside Market Rasen with a magnitude of 5.3

Joker
User avatar
Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:48 pm
Location: The New Bygone Plaza, Sunny Cleveleys

Postby minehead forever » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:17 am

felt it in preston,what a wierd feeling.house was rattling and a loud booming noise.
wonder if theres any damage to skeggy with it being so close to the epicentre.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:53 am
Location: preston

Re: Earthquake last night (27 Feb)

Postby wizebuys1 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:17 am

Joker wrote:Who felt the earthquake just before 1 O'clock this morning ?


Joker
earthquake ??? i thought that was mrs wize passing wind .... :oops: :lol:
wizebuys1
913 Club
913 Club
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:14 pm

Re: Earthquake last night (27 Feb)

Postby catmad » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:17 pm

wizebuys1 wrote:
Joker wrote:Who felt the earthquake just before 1 O'clock this morning ?


Joker
earthquake ??? i thought that was mrs wize passing wind .... :oops: :lol:




oh , you awful thing you.
i'm just beside hyde in cheshire, it was about 3 mins past one when i heard it. my son thought there was someone in his wardrobe, it shook so hard. thank god nobody has been hurt.
oh happy days
User avatar
catmad
Ex-Redcoat
Ex-Redcoat
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:07 pm
Location: HOLLINGWORTH

Shaken not stired

Postby frank worrall » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:16 pm

You keep a Bank Manager in your wardrobe then Catmad!!! It shook the caravan twice hear in Keswick, we got the after shock as well. The wind blew the awning down the other night, despite me sending the wife out to hold it down, she was doing a bit of parasending in the end. So I had to get up and help her.
frank worrall
Ex-Redcoat
Ex-Redcoat
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: Staffordshire

Re: Shaken not stired

Postby catmad » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:24 pm

frank worrall wrote:You keep a Bank Manager in your wardrobe then Catmad!!! It shook the caravan twice hear in Keswick, we got the after shock as well. The wind blew the awning down the other night, despite me sending the wife out to hold it down, she was doing a bit of parasending in the end. So I had to get up and help her.



i have such a picture in my head now frank! ha!
oh happy days
User avatar
catmad
Ex-Redcoat
Ex-Redcoat
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:07 pm
Location: HOLLINGWORTH

Re: Shaken not stired

Postby wizebuys1 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:46 pm

frank worrall wrote: The wind blew the awning down the other night, despite me sending the wife out to hold it down, .
well woman want = rights , think ill get mrs wize to wash the van now :wink: :lol:
wizebuys1
913 Club
913 Club
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:14 pm

Re: Shaken not stired

Postby catmad » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:19 pm

wizebuys1 wrote:
frank worrall wrote: The wind blew the awning down the other night, despite me sending the wife out to hold it down, .
well woman want = rights , think ill get mrs wize to wash the van now :wink: :lol:



HA! I bet you two are old romantics really, or maybe the women are the bosses ?????? :wink:
oh happy days
User avatar
catmad
Ex-Redcoat
Ex-Redcoat
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:07 pm
Location: HOLLINGWORTH

Re: Shaken not stired

Postby Joker » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:21 pm

catmad wrote:I bet you two are old romantics really, or maybe the women are the bosses ?????? :wink:


Looks like Catmad has seen right through you Wize :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joker
User avatar
Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:48 pm
Location: The New Bygone Plaza, Sunny Cleveleys

Re: Shaken not stired

Postby frank worrall » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:31 pm

Joker wrote:
catmad wrote:I bet you two are old romantics really, or maybe the women are the bosses ?????? :wink:


Looks like Catmad has seen right through you Wize :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joker


You have to keep them in their place, otherwise they take advantage of you, your generous nature and deep pockets etc (generous if I didnt have to sew his pockets I wouldnt know he had any) The loving wife.
frank worrall
Ex-Redcoat
Ex-Redcoat
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: Staffordshire


Return to Chat



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron