butlins get real!

Moderator: deelieta

butlins get real!

Postby minehead forever » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:03 am

for the last 25 years we've always celebrated the new year at butlins.this time of year is the time i normally look to book.
last year at minehead we payed £520 ( still got the receipt ) for 4 adults and a child in holnicote village,this year they want £850.i phoned brynn and he can't get it much cheaper.
so for the 1st time in 25yrs i won't be enjoying new years eve at butlins,i'm gutted.
were do they get these prices from,its ridiculous,after my week in minehead in june i'm seriously considering wether to bother with butlins next year,what with bar prices,and there policy of making money on every little thing,i'm thinking a break from butlins might be in order.
i do think that bourne are out to screw every extra penny out of there present popularity due to staycation.as far as i'm concerened there is a limit when i get to the point i feel i'm being mugged off.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby pushbutton » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:02 am

How can the price be so much higher, that seems utterly ridiculous!

It is very strange and I must admit I don't really like the way prices fluctuate so much. I recently looked at how much it would cost to book a break in May next year and it actually worked out a little bit cheaper than I paid for the same period this year (with all the same accomodation and dining options).

So prices are not necessarily going up generally, but it seems to depend on when you book and whether they happen to have special discounts on your break at that particular time.
You get into the groove and do the Push Button Click. YEAH!
pushbutton
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby minehead forever » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:58 am

Well after making do and coming to the christmas party break instead of the new year break,i went to price up a week in may at half term £756 for 3 people in silver bungalow,couldn't believe it so checked online and thats up at £810.well it looks like i won't be bothering next year.
Nothing added to the entertainment means i can't warrent parting with that amount.so butlins i admit defeat and say you've priced a long loyal customer out of a holiday.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Return to Butlins Chat