mosney can be seen by street view

Tell us about your Memories of Butlins

Moderator: deelieta

mosney can be seen by street view

Postby minehead forever » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:54 pm

i can't give a link but butlins can be clearly seen across the sports field by street view,i must say the camp looks in good nick.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby minehead forever » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:19 pm

as i can't supply a link because i'm thick :lol: ,here are the instructions to find it.
for those who don't know the location the camp is located south east of drogheda and due south of laytown on the coast,
when you scroll in far enough you should see a red dot saying mosney camp.
on that scroll in tight and a vertical row of camera icons should appear with a short road to the right with 2 icons on it.
this is woodland rd which is the entrance to the camp,as its a private rd,you can't go any further than the barrier.a bit of butlins can be seen behind the trees.
to see a full camp view count 6 icons down from the entrance to woodland ave,go to street view and rotate the image until you see the camp just to the left of a large advertising board.
with a sliight zoom in you can see the indoor pool in the backround and all the chalet rows.they all look white,but all the camp looks tidy.
this is my first ever view of mosney as i never went and you can't see the camp from the air as google cover it.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby Joker » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:58 pm

Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby minehead forever » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:08 am

as usual thanks very much for the assistance alex,you've linked the images perfectly.what did surprise me was how much mosney reminds me of filey.filey had the similar look of being in the middle of a field with all the buildings popping up on the horizon.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby pushbutton » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:40 am

Somehow I must have missed this thread but I've just seen it now and had a good look at Mosney. Looks pretty good. Does anyone know what all those big white boards are on the edge of the sports field?
You get into the groove and do the Push Button Click. YEAH!
pushbutton
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby pushbutton » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:05 pm

The camp looks incredibly open and accessible judging by the streetview photos.

I had imagined it as having a secure fence around it with camperas and very strict access control, but by the look of it we could just casually walk in unnoticed!

Does anyone know if that is actually the case?
You get into the groove and do the Push Button Click. YEAH!
pushbutton
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Return to Memories