Fond memories

Tell us about your Memories of Butlins

Moderator: deelieta

Fond memories

Postby Frankie » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:48 pm

Last weekend along with a couple of friends I went to Blackpool, the first time in about 40 years, and as we passed the old Butlins site at St Annes the memories just came flooding back. I think I was about 10 at the time, now knocking on the door of 50, but I can still remember the week me and my family spent at that great holiday camp. I was also shocked to find that the bulldozers have taken up residence, so sad to see. I can see it now, the swimming pool, the small boating "lake" and the rather large restaurant area, not forgetting those wonderful chalets. I remember playing around the grounds of the site when all of a sudden over the loud speaker system came the song " remember your a womble ", they played this song every single day but only at meal times, as soon as the song came on all the kids just downed tools and made a mad dash for the restaurant where upon arriving our parents would already be seated. We had a magic time in those days, thanks to my wonderful Mum and Dad, who have not long ago both passed away. When we drove passed the camp last week I got tears in my eyes just remembering my parents standing outside waiting for our coach ride home. What fantastic memories.
Frankie
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Postby minehead forever » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:49 pm

thanks for posting your memories but st annes was actually a pontins site not butlins,if you go to the pontins section,there is a thread about the camps demolition with pictures.

http://www.bygonebutlins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=291
i'm a butlins traditionalist,and wishes bourne leisure had never of been thought of.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Return to Memories