Need to find out what bar this was

Tell us about your Memories of Butlins

Moderator: deelieta

Need to find out what bar this was

Postby Wacky WeLsH LaD » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:05 pm

VIDEO: Me in Minehead in 1993

Can anyone tell me which bar this video of me was filmed in Minehead in 1993? I have been desperate to find out for years.
Last edited by Wacky WeLsH LaD on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wacky WeLsH LaD
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Postby minehead forever » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:33 pm

i will be able to help but your link doesn't work.
i'm a butlins traditionalist,and wishes bourne leisure had never of been thought of.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby Wacky WeLsH LaD » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:24 pm

I have edited the link :)
Wacky WeLsH LaD
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Postby minehead forever » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:22 pm

wow that was difficult,with the film clip obviously centred on yourself on stage,it didn't give many clues,ruling out the ones i know it can't be,i would say it was probably molly malones,to the right of the stage was a doorway with people walking across,that would of been the old town walkway which ran directly behind the stage.
i'm a butlins traditionalist,and wishes bourne leisure had never of been thought of.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby Joker » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:50 pm

Not wanting to throw a spanner in the works, BUT ........
At the very end of your video there is a sign for Karaoke looking at a 1994 Ents Guide HERE stating that Karaoke is in the Crazy Horse, having said that it looks like there is a window to the right of the stage which is where the old indoor pool is, discounting the Crazy Horse. Having looked again they could be doors, that could have been replaced with fire doors as they would exit in to a service yard now.

Over to you Paul.

Alex
Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby minehead forever » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:07 pm

i discounted the crazy horse joker as it was a very low stage in the video,the crazy horse was much bigger than that.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby minehead forever » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:20 pm

trawled the sites i know of trying to find a pic of the regency stage but i'm afraid i drew a blank.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby pushbutton » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:26 pm

Joker wrote:Not wanting to throw a spanner in the works, BUT ........
At the very end of your video there is a sign for Karaoke looking at a 1994 Ents Guide HERE stating that Karaoke is in the Crazy Horse, having said that it looks like there is a window to the right of the stage which is where the old indoor pool is, discounting the Crazy Horse. Having looked again they could be doors, that could have been replaced with fire doors as they would exit in to a service yard now.

Over to you Paul.

Alex

The only trouble is there was so many venues it could have been then. Not like now where all you'd have to choose between is Reds, Centre stage, Crazy horse or the skyline stage.
You get into the groove and do the Push Button Click. YEAH!
pushbutton
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Return to Memories