butlins advbert 1987

Looking for Information about Butlins.
From when did the first camp open to whos on next week !!!

Moderator: deelieta

butlins advbert 1987

Postby kimptdarr22 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:06 pm

does anyone know where the 1987 advert was filmed?the one were it all blows up?and does anyone know the name of the song tht plays just before everything blows up? the ads on you tube under butlins ad 1987.
kimptdarr22
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff

Postby minehead forever » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:23 am

the advert i believe was filmed at minehead,it was the ones that went down the left hand side of the dining rooms.i think they used one of the rows that were demolished for the new 3 storey style chalets.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby minehead forever » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:14 am

just taken another look at the advert as i hadn't seen it for a few years,i can confirm that the chalets used were actually yellow camp which ran south behind the stores building which is located behind the dining rooms.the reception looks like a set made up as it resembles nothing like how reception was.can't help on the music but it was very haunting,ideal for the message they were trying to get over.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby minehead forever » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:27 am

one other thing i remember staying in yellow camp in 87 because when we got there my mum got upset because the chalet was really rundown,and when she complained we were told that they were about to be demolished for a brand new chalet village,and yellow camp hadn't had the previous winters maintenace.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby kimptdarr22 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:08 pm

thanks for that, just curious because the reception looks awfully like the one they had at skegness! plus a lot of the old green camp went that year at skegness mostly GR to GX to build the new county suites which are now basic self-catering! how thing decay and change,wonder how much longer they will last? :cry:
kimptdarr22
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff

Return to Any Questions