Bognor fire 60's?

Tell us about your Memories of Butlins

Moderator: deelieta

Bognor fire 60's?

Postby Butlin Fan » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:22 pm

My mum has told me about when there was the fire at Bognor. My nan and grandad were on holiday at Bognor when they had the fire (I am a third generation Butlins Fan) My niece and nephew love it too so that makes four generations. Anyway, my mum and her brother were at home and saw the fire on the news. It was a while before they heard from my nan saying she was alright. Does anyone remember that fire. I think it was in the 60's and where was the fire?
Si
Butlin Fan
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Postby tabby » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:50 pm

hey...i dont personally remeber the fire as i am only 16 but i am a butlins fan...especially bognor so i got told all about it. my nan was there with my mum and uncle. the fire was in one of the theatres where the kids club was or so i believe. my mum and uncle were supposed 2 be in there but my uncle had gone to play football instead so they couldn't find him for a while. this is all i know about the fire, not sure if all is true though?!
tabby xxx
Janine (big sis lol) made my holiday, so did michaela, kristina, christina, will, rachel, ness and maggie! love and miss them all xx
tabby
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Re: Bognor fire 60's?

Postby clothears » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:48 pm

Butlin Fan wrote:My mum has told me about when there was the fire at Bognor. [snip] Does anyone remember that fire. I think it was in the 60's and where was the fire?
Si

The fire was in summer 1964. I was working there at the time between leaving school and going to Uni. I missed the fire as it was my day off and my parents had come to take me out for the day.

I don't know the details of the fire except to say that, I wasn't at all surprised there'd been one. The electrics in the place were a mess, wires just strung around.
clothears
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Postby chad » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:02 am

I remember the fire. We were in the children's theatre watching a clown on stage when redcoats started running backwards and forwards, then the clown told us there was a fire and we should get out. I remember seeing the fire from outside and then meeting our Mums and Dads in the reception area.
chad
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Postby Jack02 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:40 pm

I just wanted to chat about general impressions of holiday camps, and your own memories and experiences of Butlin's camps.
ccna training ccna training
Jack02
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Return to Memories