Jokers in hospital

Chat to other members about anything.

Moderator: deelieta

Jokers in hospital

Postby Joker » Sun May 10, 2009 12:10 am

just a quick post to tell you all i'm in hospital I wont say what with on the forum as when you google it it will put you off your tea. It's my own fault for putting off going to the doc's but last monday the pain supassed anything they could do to me, Doctor took one look and 30 mins later I was in A&E Just hope this really crap bedside internet lets me post this.

hopeing to be off the drip on Monday and out on Wednesday

have fun !!!

Joker
Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SkegRed » Sun May 10, 2009 7:17 am

Hi Alex, Sorry to hear you are in hospital,good to hear it wont be for long,pleased to hear there wont need to be a collection as l'm skint just bought a new Laptop

As you'll maybe have seen lve added a few of my Butlins Memories on Bygonebutlins yesterday

Thought you might have made the Butlin Scarborough Reunion,theres talk of it being at the Metropole Blackpool next year

As long as you dont take a TURN FOR THE NURSE you'll be out soon,

Keep your chins up,

Andy
SkegRed
Ex-Redcoat
Ex-Redcoat

Postby Joker » Sun May 10, 2009 2:37 pm

Thanks for that Andy.
I dislike hospitals with a passion, it's just so boring, no entertainment at all not even bingo, they could do with some Reds to liven things up!
I have seen your post but this naff internet won't let me view them :(
I must admit I did look at the Grand Scaroborough about a week before but we just couldn't arrange cover at work, lets just hope its the Metropole next year, i'd have no excuse and having lived in Blackpool all my life it's about time I got to see around the place.

TURN FOR THE NURSE !!! I have underware older than most of the nurses on my ward :lol:

Have Fun !!!

Alex
Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby catmad » Mon May 11, 2009 5:59 pm

HURRY AND GET WELL ALEX, HOPE IT'S NOT TOO SERIOUS, LUV V. XX :cry:
oh happy days
catmad
Ex-Redcoat
Ex-Redcoat

Postby Joker » Tue May 12, 2009 4:07 pm

Thanks for your thoughts.

I have had/got Cellulitus the pictures on the net don’t seem that bad.

I didn't think it was that serious at the time.

It started a week last Thursday with my lower right leg swelling up, by finishing my shift Friday morning I couldn't put any weight in it at all, so stayed at work until it was time to start again, anyway by Saturday morning it was throbbing and bright purple, suffering the pain I got home and rang the emergency doctor who arrived within half an hour' The Doctor said its 50/50 as to whether I should go to hospital, with my dislike of anything medical especially needles I opted to take the tablets and stay at home, with a line drawn on my leg and instructions to go to A&E if it gets worse.

Bank holiday Monday, the infection has crossed the line by about an inch but seems to be less swollen but the blister like thing on the back of my leg is going a white/green colour, still not being able to put weight on my leg I manage to get to the emergency health center hoping it's part of the healing process (wishful thinking) 30 mins later I’m in A&E.

Just spent a week in the hospital on intravenous antibiotics.

Now I don't know why but the thought of someone sticking a needle in me, never mind the sight of one, starts me shacking going hot and cold. Nothing else does this to me. Spiders, Snakes, Heights, even working in security and having to enter an unknown building at night with the alarm activated is no problem.

I have put it off till I got home to look up my problem on the net, looking at some of the pictures none look as bad as I had it and to read that people have died is just frightening. It also says that it never really goes away and can reappear at any time.

I'll add a picture as soon as I get back on my main pc owing to it being upstairs and the dodgy part of my leg where the swelling was has now gone very dry and tight.

Moral of the story IF SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT DON'T HOPE IT WILL GO AWAY ON IT'S OWN

Alex
Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SkegRed » Wed May 13, 2009 10:44 am

Pleased you are now out of Hospital Alex

You're certainly Not on your own when you mention the "Needle" l always look the opposite way when l have to have it and think about Butlins

Andy
SkegRed
Ex-Redcoat
Ex-Redcoat

Postby catmad » Wed May 13, 2009 5:37 pm

me too an absolute needle phobia. my blood pressure shoots up as soon as the doc says "blood test". hope this doesn't recur too often alex.
oh happy days
catmad
Ex-Redcoat
Ex-Redcoat

Postby Joker » Wed May 13, 2009 8:48 pm

Well it's nice to be back on my good foot. :lol:

I have no intention of reliving the last week,

Up to now I seem to end up in hospital every 13-15 years so with a bit of luck i'll be knocking on 60 next time.

Here is the picture taken after two days of treatment, some of the swelling has gone down and its less purple than it was.

Have Fun !!!

Alex
Attachments
untitled.zip
(22.74 KiB) Downloaded 627 times
Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cant do without me.

Postby bm bear » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:04 am

Just read about you being in hospital, its a bit late saying this but I hope you are now well and fit again, I always knew you couldnt do without me. Hope you remember to make a will, as I wouldnt want to be a destitute bear if you popped off. Kind regards, BM Bear.
bm bear
Mascot
Mascot

Postby HelinaScott » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:32 am

hope ! you don't need to go go there ever now . May you live healthy always
HelinaScott
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Postby Leenaz12 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:20 pm

May you live happy always
Leenaz12
Beaver Club