Tornado Steams into Kidderminster

Chat to other members about anything.

Moderator: deelieta

Tornado Steams into Kidderminster

Postby frank worrall » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:17 pm

Yes I was an anerack and still am. For those of you unbelievers, of life after death, Tornado is a brand new steam engine built from donations over the past years from aneracks and friends. This week, its running between Kidderminster and Bridgenorth on the Severn Valley Railway. For more information, go to www.svr.co.uk Im hoping to take some photos later this week. Do you remember those magnificient steam engines that Sir Billy Butlin so cleverly bought many years ago, and put on some Butlin holiday sites. Im sure I climbed aboard one at Minehead, or was it Skegness, or was it just a young lads dream.
frank worrall
Ex-Redcoat
Ex-Redcoat

Postby minehead forever » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:33 am

tornado has just finished a spell on the west somerset railway,spending a lot of time in and around minehead station.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby minehead forever » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:37 pm

was in minehead at august bank holiday,and tornado was there again,its surprising how people fight to get as close to it as they can,its a great piece of british engineering.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby Joker » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:15 pm

There was a documentary on a couple of months ago about the Building of I assume this loco, they found a set of old plans and decided to make it. It cost a fortune as every part had to be made from scratch not to mention the skilled workforce from the days of steam no longer exist and very few have acquired the skills.

Joker
Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby minehead forever » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:20 pm

its always popular were ever it goes,theres still a huge passion for steam engines in alot of mature men,we all loved our train sets as kids.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby Joker » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:09 am

As kids!!!! I still have mine somewhere.
Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Chat